Wednesday, October 29, 2008

My Eating Habits

I wanted to share my eating habits with all that wanted to know. I have tried a lot of things and the only thing that really worked for me was eating sensibly but allowing myself at least one off day to eat something I really really love. (Potatoes, Blue Bell Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream, or a slice of Pizza.)

  • I do not eat anything white. Rice, potatos, flour products, sugar, bread, etc. I avoid all carbs except fruit.
  • I eat a lot of fruit and veggies. I make fresh juice from a juicer and I make smoothies (In the blender).
  • I eat more chicken and fish than any other meats.
  • I eat a lot of nuts!
  • I eat eggs.
  • I do not drink soft drinks at all.
  • KEY FACTOR for me was avoiding Fast Food!!!
It really is pretty simple. I honestly do not do anything out of the norm. I also do a body cleanse (detoxing) about three times a year. That is it.

2 comments:

Kels said...

I think you've made some smart and sensible changes! Those are ones you can definitely stick with long term. :) I'm following your blog, lady! xoxo

-Kels

Anonymous said...

What kind of detox diet do you use? I was thinking of starting the martha 21 vineyard cleanse i read about in the new essence magazine but im not sure. thanks!